Friday, January 07, 2005

Ron Turner should be next Offensive Coordinator of Da Bears

ChicagoSports.com - Bears hoping to complete pass: "'Ron's was a true version of the West Coast offense, a pro-style, I-set with three-wide-receiver sets, normal stuff,' Waddle said. "

Waddle goes on to say "He wasn't gimmicky with a lot of four- and five-receiver sets. It was not groundbreaking but solid. I don't think you have to reinvent the wheel to be successful." My view, if he is good enough for Tommy Waddle, he is good enough for me. I like the no-nonsense approach. Too many times I saw people moving on the offense for no good reason this year. Changing formations multiple times, switching up right before the snap, and what did we get out of it? Many, many penalties. Never before do I remember there being so many uncovered LOT's care of WR's not doing their due dilligence to get up to the line of scrimmage. And do not get me started on the false start penalties... WOW. So, hopefully Ron Turner is our guy... - Slim Tim.

No comments: