Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Bears - don't forget about Rex.

I want to say that I am happy that Kyle Orton is the starting quarterback ahead of the other current quarterback options... That being said, I hear that Rex Grossman is planning on a Thanksgiving return. I think that the situation could present itself where the Bears family of fans at large might be hoping for Rex at that time. I hope that not to be the case at that point, because that would mean that the team would not be winning because of Kyle. Meaning, they are either losing, or winning in spite of Kyle at QB. If the Bears are losing games, or the offense is sputtering with Kyle when Rex is ready to come back, I can see a situation where fans will be calling for Rex.

I want what I always want, the best player on the field every week and open competition at every position no matter at what point in the season it is or how much money a player makes. That of course includes the Thomas Jones/Cedric Benson RB situation. That also means that when Jerry Azumah comes back from his neck surgery or when Rex returns from his unfortunate surgery, if they are the person to help the team win, put them in the game Lovie!

I'm out - Slim Tim.

No comments: